Friday, January 29, 2010

Clutter

I often feel that the world is working against me when it comes to organization. I am constantly trying to find a balance that will work for both me and those around me. At school I think hard coming up with workable strategies to organize 4th graders and all of the "stuff" that we use on a day to day basis. At home Jose and I are polar opposites. At times it is really frustrating, but I am trying to let it go and be at peace with my messy life. Sometimes I do better at that than others.
The other day Joslin and I created a craft drawer just for us. Her little shoe boxes worked great for holding all of the items that we use when we have the urge to create. It reminded me of "The Bernstein Bears Messy Room" that I use to love to read when I was little. They had boxes in their closet that were all labeled and a peg board to hang things. A perfect place for everything. I always wanted to go get boxes and get to organizing after I read it. I have to admit that looking at the new drawer makes me feel a little giddy inside.

No comments: