Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Sanity

Last weekend, Joslin and I took a much needed trip to the cabin. The girls meet us there for our yearly weekend at Kanopolis Lake. We have been going off and on since we were in 6th grade. It is always a wonderful time to just relax and be together. First, we made some jewelery. I kept wanting to trade with everyone, because their stuff was so much cooler than mine. I did however end up with some pretty nice necklaces and bracelets. That is after I dropped them several (the biggest understatement) times and had to re-string them.

This is actually only about half of our creations. It ended up being quite addictive.


The weather was gorgeous. It was suppose to be 100 degrees, but it ended up being rainy and cool. We went for a walk to enjoy the weather and Joslin got to ride in her front pouch for the first time. With a little adjustment from Nan it ended up being kind of comfortable.


The next morning we headed down to the beach to find our rock. We originally carved our names in '96. It was important that we add our newest member to the rock. I hope my daughter doesn't turn into a graffiti artist because of this.This trip was a great reminder of how lucky I am to have the friends that I do. These girls are wonderful. They truly are my sanity.

1 comment:

cat said...

Oh Lord Jamie, if we're your sanity you are in TROUBLE. Just kidding! Love you friend!