Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Project #2

Well, we finally started working on the living room last weekend. On Sunday, Joslin went to Grandma's and we pulled up half of the carpet, staples and tack strips. Then yesterday, Haley came over to watch and entertain Joslin, so that I could pull up the other half. Joslin also helped out by taking an extra long nap today while I was scrubbing the floor. I never realized how much pre-planning and help from others we would need to do things that were no big deal before. Thanks to everyone for your help. Now we have hard wood in our living room. It is not in perfect shape, but it is much better than the blue carpet. I don't think it shows in the pictures but, I have also started sanding the trim. I have it almost ready to be painted. We are going to paint it white like in the bedroom and Joslin's room. Then we decided to hire someone to take off the wallpaper. It was nearly impossible to get the walls free of paste in all of the bedrooms, so we gave up and are calling in the experts. We actually got a very reasonable estimate, so we decided to have him paint it for us as well. That also helps to shorten my list of summer projects :)
















3 comments:

cat said...

I'm impressed. That totally beats the carpet. WHERE do you get all your energy friend??

evonfeldt said...

Ooh, I love it! And I'm so glad that you found someone to do the wallpaper. Things are coming along now!!

MakeLemonade said...

I am very impresed! I love it and I'm glad Joslin is also having fun.